Monday, March 26, 2012

Cupcakes!

Annie's Eats (and my sister-in-law Laura, because she's the queen of cupcakes!) inspired us to bake cupcakes! We each picked a cupcake to make, bought the ingredients, and had a baking party! It just so happened that before baking our cupcakes, my mom and I were in the area and stopped in to see my friend Kelly who works at Sweet Retreat. Talk about some delicious and amazing looking cupcakes! I had tried a few kinds before during another visit, so we thought we'd try their cake balls. That place is definitely worth a visit. We tried chocolate, cookies and cream, coconut (tasted like samoas) and chocolate chip cookie dough. Okay, back to the baking party... Red Velvet, Butterfinger and Cookies and Cream cupcakes...Here We Go!





First up...Jen's pick...Red Velvet! Who knew it need so much red food coloring?! Super moist and delicious!








Next up...Kristen's pick...Butterfinger! Yum, yum yumm! Perfect for Butterfinger lovers!







Finally, how about some Cookies and Cream?! mmmm....oreos....



Super excited about my cupcake and I can't keep my eyes open, but it'll do :)


What a fun day!







2 comments:

  1. Super fun! How were the butterfinger cupcakes? Those have long been on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously SO good. Definitely put them at the top! :)

      Delete