Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And We're Off!

Being an engineer, I've never really thought of myself as a 'blogger,' or a writer for that matter, but after enjoying reading other people's blogs and thinking real hard, I thought, "I can do this!" Yes, the writing may be in the form of a technical paper, but I will try my best :) (I may even make David write)

David and I always look forward to this time of year. It's that time when you get to see your family more often, bake desserts, decorate the house, turn on the fire and just spend quality time together. With this being our first Christmas in our new house, we have put up lights outside! Having your own place definitely has it's perks! We baked dozens and dozens of cookies last Saturday with David's sisters and it will continue today with a friend to finish four more varieties (picture to come).

Christmas Eve Eve will be David and I's Christmas. Fondue and cookies I think are on the menu! Christmas Eve is spent with the Gunderson side in Bloomington, and we will finish the night with both immediate families going to Hope's Christmas Eve service. One of the perks to having our families be so close in proximity is the minimal driving time (approx. 2 minutes)! Christmas will be spent with each families and their traditions. A couple more presents need to be bought, but other than that I think we are ready!

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment